Tuesday, December 22, 2009

About my boat


She's a Catalina 27, made in 1973. Yes, I know that she's old but in very good shape. I took a look at boats from the 80's that weren't cared for as meticulously as she was and I'm very impressed. Here are her characteristics:

Leading Particulars:
LOA: 28 ft
LOD: 26.8 ft
LWL: 21.8 ft
Beam: 8.8 ft
Draft: 4.0 ft
DraftMin: 3.0 ft
Displacement: 7,300 lbs
Ballast: 3,150 lbs

Major Systems:
Kerosene Heat
Marine Head
Potable Water
Propane Stove
12V Power (Shore and Ship's)
115 Shore Power
Atomic 4 Engine
Electronics

I bought Airborne as the third owner since her initial commissioning in 1973. She was held by a gentleman who moored her in Friday Harbor until 2009 when I became the lucky owner. She was surveyed in Fall 2009 by Stephen from Global Marine Surveyors, Inc and given a clean bill of health. Later I will go by each major system to give a better idea of the overall boat makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment